Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wasatch Back!!


It has been awhile since my last blog....I will try to remember everything that we have been doing over the last 2 months!!

I ran my first race, and what a race it was!!! Nothing like starting with Wasatch Back, 181 miles, team of 12......run, run, maybe sleep...who am I kidding you don't sleep, drive, and run some more! I do have to say this race was really fun, the girls that were on my team were super fun, we laughed alot....many, many good memories! I think I did pretty good considering I didn't train much (I will train for next year!!) LOL Our team name was Wasatch Women, not our favorite...but we weren't being real creative when it was crunch time to think of a name! We are getting signed up for next year and we are going to do couples so it will be fun to have Ray racing with me next time!!



Team Photo (not sure how my leg was bending like that.....:))


Pretty sweet headlamps!! We are getting ready for out night run!

As soon as I finished with the race we went right to the Losee family reunion. I am sure it was a great time for everyone.....I pretty much laid out a blanket and caught up on some serious needed shut eye!! The kids played games and won lots of candy and as always the auction was a great success!

5 comments:

Larsens said...

How fun to race like that with good friends.
Good to see you back in the blog world. How did your 6 week boot camp go?

Andrea said...

Yeah!! Good for you Monica, I am so proud of you for doing that, you are awesome!!

Amber said...

Well look who is back! That is awesome that you ran that. I would love to do that some time. I tried training for the St. George marathon after I had Aiden. Well I was still nursing and running with fully loaded boobs was not the best thing.Perhaps next year!?!

Bruni Bunch said...

It must have been fun if you want to do it again. I think it is an great accomplishment that you did it!!

Monica said...

Boot Camp is great! I love teaching outside, it is very refreshing to be working out right by the lake and getting to watch the sun rise!