Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Update.....



Friday night we went to see the new Batman movie! I had heard it was a must see.....and I do have to agree, it was really good, a bit dark and more scary than I would have thought batman to be! I was glad that I didn't listen to others that said it would be okay to take Braxton to see it....I think he would have nightmares of clown faces for the rest of his life! What a great job Heath did in playing the Joker!!





Saturday was the big Alpine Days!! We started the morning off with the 5K run, everyone did really good, I was especially proud of Braxton for doing it .... and not only doing it, but he did it with a great attitude!! After the run we headed over to the fireman's breakfast and ate rubber pancakes, and what I think was processed eggs...you know the ones the served in school....YUM lol!! After that we hit the parade and then onto the car show....and finally to the festivities at the park. This year they had a bunch of the big inflatable slides and some of them were ones with water. Braxton played there all day and won a lot of soda!!


After a long day at the park we went ahead and finished good ole Alpine days off with a BBQ and some delicious smore's.....not the original smore's you see in the picture above, but keebler elf mint cookies with a roasted mellow...DELICIOUS!!! Then we ended the wonderful day with the firework show at the park!!


3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, what a busy weekend!! That is cool that Braxton did that. Ya I love those eggs haha :)

Larsens said...

Sounds like a great weekend in Alpine.

Amber said...

Loved that movie also, and found it quite dark but you almost are rooting for The Joker in a sick & twisted way. Seriously though, how hot is Christian Bale?