Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Kayaking 101


Ray learning!! Thanks for the push Anthony!!

Paddle left, left, left, and a sharp right!!

Cute Girls!! mmmm...burger!!

Evil eye, while eating! mmmm...hotdog!

Slower down down dad.......its a bit heavy!!

On Saturday Sam and Jenny invited us to go Kayaking up at Willard Bay with Sam's company (they were doing a clinic for the employees). It was 50 degrees out with not a cloud in the sky, we leave the house thinking it will be nice....holy moly!!....it was freezing, windy cold!! But in spite of the cold weather it was so much fun! Part of the event was to learn about all the appropriate gear to wear and what the differences of each kayak is and that the paddles really do different things!! While most of us stayed in the sun and visited some others were totally involved in learning every detail, which made sense as this is what most of the people would be selling......but as luck would have it my hubby was totally into it and was getting over load information so that he could have yet another hobby!!
I was a bit hesitate to get in the water since I already could barley feel that I still had fingers.....but I thought what the heck all the best gear is here and I am sure it will warm me up with all that upper body work!! And that is exactly what happened, we were so much warmer out in the water! Braxton even went out on his own, and was a natural! Everyone went out on the water except for Anthony, he was kicked back in a beached kayak having his own fun! Alessia went out in her own Kayak and she did great up until the wind picked up a touch and it was a bit much for her to get back to shore so Sam had to help her back.
I know my husband doesn't believe me, but I think we will make a couple camping/kayaking trips this summer....it was alot of fun, and if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.....but make sure you get your best, most reliable gear from backcountry.com!! :)Thanks Sam and Jenny for the invite and a great family day at the lake!

2 comments:

Larsens said...

That sounds so much fun. I LOVE kayaking. When we went to our first cruise in the Caribbean, we took a kayaking tour around one of the islands, and it was fabulous! It was over 80 degrees, both in the water and air. Loved it! Ever since, whenever we have a chance we go kayaking.

Bruni Bunch said...

Cool! I am glad you had a good time. And I am especially glad you took all those pictures. I am definitley going to keep you to the camping/kayaking thing. I am laughing and I am also very serious!.