Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hope of America



Last night was the performance of Hope of America. About 7000 kids from all over the Alpine School District put on this wonderful singing performance. Along with the kids performing there are many other little performances!! One of my favorites are the "Golden Girls" they are a dance team of blue hairs that get out on the floor and shake it......and at the very end a 91 year old lady shakes on the floor by herself and then ends the performance in the full SPLITS!!! She is awesome!!! I can't imagine doing the splits at my age!!

Braxton was part of the flag this year, and at the end the lights are out and all the kids turn on their flashlights to light the flag up......it looks amazing!! Way to go buddy, you did an awesome job!

5 comments:

The Edwards said...

Okay your family is adorable!!!

Larsens said...

I've seen the Golden Girls perform before. They are amazing.
I think I would have cried at this Hope of America performance. I always cry when the flag is presented in a dramatic way.

Bruni Bunch said...

I would like to see the old lady doing the splits. That is crazy cool and wacky weird all at the same time.

s.s parker said...

hey mo!! i'll be in town first week of June so let's do lunch!! it's my 10 year reunion!! scary!

Amber said...

This sounds cool. I hope I can be part of the Golden Girls one day.